Sellers Terms and Conditions (Beverley Store)
If you require a prime retail outlet for your unique, handmade, contemporary art works, gifts or local produce, we are the place for you.
Terms and Conditions – Beverley Store (Maker Copy)
Trading (Maker) Name:
Alternative Phone Number:
- Space Rental at Beverley Store
Rental space is available for use in our Beverley store through a monthly contract subject to availability of the Option agreed with Art and Soul (A&S). See Appendix 1 for details of monthly equivalent rental options. For new makers we require a minimum letting term of at least 3 months. Makers choosing any rental space option will automatically be provided access to the A&S makers online marketplace as part of their package. Rental contracts will be renewed on a rolling monthly basis and payment is to be made by bank transfer in advance to A&S. A partial invoice will be issued for new contracts which begin on a date other than the beginning of the month. One month’s notice in writing is required for termination of a contract. Whilst every attempt will be made to accommodate a makers desired rental space position in the Beverley store, A&S reserves the right to relocate rental spaces (following discussion with maker) and no exclusivity of possession is granted by this agreement.
- Insurance at Beverley Store
Art and Soul (A&S) will provide Building and Public Liability insurance for our Beverley store. Insurance cover for makers inventory is entirely their own responsibility. It is recommended that makers insure their stock located at our Beverley store and have their own Public Liability insurance as A&S accepts no responsibility for any goods that are deemed stolen or damaged or injuries sustained from products displayed or sold.
- Quality of Goods
- To ensure a suitably high standard of products is available, A&S reserve the right to reject any items that are unsuitable for sale.
- All products must meet ‘The General Product Safety Regulations 2005 (GPSR)’.
- All products must comply with the ‘Consumer Rights Act 2015’ (satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and matching the description).
- All products must comply with Intellectual Property Laws. Product makers accept full liability for any of their products displayed or sold within A&S sales channels (in store or Online) that are found not to comply with Intellectual Property Laws. A&S accepts no liability for products listed or sold by makers that do not comply with Intellectual Property Laws.
- Stock / Inventory Management at Beverley Store
- All stock (i.e. products) within our Beverley store must be clearly labelled with product description and price.
- Makers are responsible for actively restocking products when sold through our Beverley store. A maker re-stock visit to store must be booked in advance by contacting email@example.com. If makers are unable to frequently visit our Beverley store stock can be posted to us and we will display it in the makers rental area.
- A&S will maintain and reposition items within the makers display area’s as necessary to ensure all store areas remain clear, tidy and presentable for our customers. Makers are expected to ensure this standard is upheld when re-stocking or visiting the Beverley store.
- Makers will be provided access to an online portal (via a dedicated login to the A&S website artandsoulhub.co.uk) which must be used to maintain the list of available products each maker has for sale at our Beverley store. Separate guidance will be provided by A&S to support makers to ensure the product portal always remains up to date.
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
A&S will not apply VAT charges to products sold by makers within the Beverley store. It is the responsibility of makers to ensure they notify A&S if they are VAT registered and to manage their VAT liabilities.
- Commission Rates at Beverley Store
A&S Beverley store will not levy a sales commission on products sold by makers within our Beverley store.
- Payment Processing Fee at Beverley Store
A&S Beverley store accepts the following payment methods: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Google Pay & Apple Pay. A payment processing fee of 1.6% will levied on products sold by makers within our Beverley store for all payments methods (excluding cash sales). The processing fee will be deducted from proceeds paid to makers by A&S, it is therefore advised that makers price their products to account for this fee.
- Discounting at Beverley Store
- Our policy is not to offer a discount in store. Please advise us if you would like to offer any discounts from the stated product sales price.
- Store wide promotions (e.g. summer sale, 10% off marked prices) will be co-ordinated by A&S and makers will be offered an ‘opt-out’ option.
- Maker Payment Terms at Beverley Store
- Maker sales information will be provided via the A&S online portal (via a dedicated login to the A&S website artandsoulhub.co.uk).
- Proceeds of makers A&S Beverley store sales for each month will be dispatched via BACS by the seventh day of the following month. Any enquiry regarding proceeds of sale must be notified within 28 days of receipt of payment.
I agree to abide by the above Terms and Conditions.
Rental Option Selected (1 to 9) [see Appendix 1]:
Please email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have capacity for 185 rental spaces within A&S Beverley with prices starting from £40/month. The options detailed are for rental of wall space or unit space and will suit most makers. We will work with you to choose the options that suits you best and provide all the shelving and display units. Alternative rates can be discussed for single items/large items or large spaces.
Until the store reaches full capacity, makers who choose Option 1 £150/month will have the opportunity to display and sell from additional space within the store at no extra cost. As the store fills and demand for space increases, they will then have the option to begin renting the extra space they are using or no longer use the space and sell form their designated area only.